Lifting those Petals

Are you playing in the Dare to Get Dirty challenges this week?  There's plenty of fun to have and more challenges than I can make in a week ... but lots of stampers love to go for the win to create something for every challenge and scoop up some prizes!   Go, Go Stampers!

Once upon a time I enjoyed turning 'flat' floral stamped images into a more realistic blossom with lots of fussy cutting and adding curves to the elements, etc.  Like most of us, my style has morphed along my stampy journey.  So when my darling friend, Kittie posted her DTGD18kittie747 challenge earlier this week, I knew I wanted to play and return to lifting up those petals!  


Both the blossom and the sentiment are from Wendy Vecchi's 'Birthday Art' stamp set.   I stamped the image 3 times, coloring each one with Copics before fussy cutting.  Each layer was offset atop the previous layer before gluing in the center.  


When I spotted the softly colored printed paper in a retired My Mind's Eye square stack, I knew I had to use it with this bold blossom.  For the center of the blossom, I used little bitty seed beads.  (My bitsy rhinestones are AWOL from their last known location ... so plans had to change.) 

Have you stamped today?  

Inky (((hugs))),
~Bev Gerard

Supplies used:
Stamps:  'Birthday Art' by Wendy Vecchi/Stampers Anonymous
Inks:  Gina K. Amalgam, Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy, Copics
Papers:  Misti stamp positioner,  Prism card stock, Neenah Solar White c/s, My Mind's Eye 6x6 stack
Accessories:  Spellbinders circles + squares dies, Sizzix sentiment die, seed beads, crystal lacquer, May Arts ribbon, glue dots

No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!