Happy Age Awareness! with a Smidge of Mother's Day!

Back at the laptop, photo editing software, studio, state of Texas, home again, getting inky, and ready to share!   

Yes ... I'm back from a much-needed visit with beloved treasures in the place of my roots in my tiny town, USA.  I still have cousins and friends-like-siblings, and life-long friends hours away in Oklahoma.  Just a few weeks ago I sat for about 3+ hours over coffee and home-made bread, talking politics, Faith, and life with a 92-year old treasure.  Although I hated to leave, the drive back to Texas was ahead of me.  This past week it was time to bid farewell to him, the father of a treasured cousin.  
It takes a village to raise a child ... and I am 'one of those children' from a very special village of sorts.  This amazing man was always like an extra parent to me from birth forward.  It has taken many efforts to create again, and I think today I've finally crossed that hurdle back into finding a bit of creative flow.  I'm still humming beautiful music from gospels to some contemporary, so it is good.  

I reached for some retiring goodies, but mixed retiring with a smattering of staying.   It all started with a challenge from my friend Wendy Weixler (Wendybell) over at SCS ... F4A324 -Pretty Patterns - Use at least 2 different patterned papers, but using more is all good, too!.   (As it turns out, Wendy and I share the affliction [addiction?] of collecting pretty papers!)  Isn't it fun when you learn another tie that binds you with a friend?  And this is such an 'uncommon' tie between stampy friends, too!   NOT

Just sayin' ... if you like the fab + fun Age Awareness stamp set ...now is the time to scoop it up, as it is retiring with the close of the current catalog,
along with one of my very favorite designer series paper collections ever ... Birthday Bouquet, and the darling little Party Punch Pack punches which includes the bitty balloon, cupcake, and candle punches.  And let's not forget that Curvy Corner Trio punch!  (Seriously ... I'm having sadzzzz over that one ...) .   Inks used today include Archival Basic Gray (sentiments), Smoky Slate (strings), and Blush Blossom (splatters from Timeless Textures stamps).

~
~
~
Oh .. the smidge of Mother's Day to share!  

My daughter and her family took me to lunch this afternoon ... complete with a beautiful long-stemmed rose handed to me by each of her children.   Heart-filling smiles and hugs ... doesn't really get any better than that!
~
Here's to a wonderful week to each of you!
Inky (((hugs))),

~


Product List

No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!