Ice, Ice, Baby!


'Tis the 2nd week of December:   Time to bring you the latest Challenge Chicks Challenge!
Lydia .... keep in mind that she stays tucked in warmly, farther down in Central Texas ... and of all people, she has come up with "Ice, Ice, Baby!"  as our challenge!  Now she is not a fan of any temps below the 60's at all ... so this challenge really gave me a bit of a chuckle upon first read.   


The Challenge Chicks are a group of stampy chicks who have stamped together through the years on various design teams and/or Splitcoaststampers.  
Some of us get the pleasure of each other's company from time to time at different events, but we've joined together to continue stamping online monthly just for the joy of sharing!  We invite you to stamp along in the challenge, upload your card to our Challenge Chicks page on Facebook, and to your online gallery, Pinterest, etc.  This month's keyword for your gallery upload is CHXDEC15.  Use a clear element on your creation to represent the Ice, Ice, Baby! challenge, such as clear embossing, acetate, clear liquid adhesive, etc.  Then c'mon and play with us!


To create the illusion of an icy Winter's day out in the pasturelands, I stamped images from the Sheltering Tree stamp set with Pool Party and Smoky Slate inks.  Thanks to my Misti, I was then able to stamp directly over the colored inks with VersaMark ink, then dust with Clear Embossing Powder and heat emboss all trees to a clear shine as though fully coated with a layer of ice.  


The effect really came into being when I used my Whisper White Craft ink pad to smudge white ink directly across the image layer in streaks.  Once I was pleased with the smudgy ink application, I heat embossed the inked areas with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder.   
The Basic Gray image layer was dry embossed with the Softly Falling Textured Impressions folder, then dabbed with VersaMark.  I heat embossed this layer with Iridescent Ice EP as well, so the icy effect extended beyond the white image layer.    

I need to send some very special Thank You's to some teachers who took exceptional care when a child I love deeply was bullied harshly last week.  Not knowing any of them personally, perhaps this card will fit the need in at least one case.  Tex's Soap-box Moment:  We Must Listen!  When anyone is bullying, it's up to each of us to take a stand.  Each of us must be willing to make a difference with immediate assistance and be sure that teaching follows for all involved.

Ready for more Ice, Ice, Baby inspiration?!  Slide on along to see what the rest of the Chicks are sharing!

#HC2015,  #stampinup,  #ublue

Thanks for your stampy patronage, m'friends!  I'm right here to help, to share, and hopefully to spread a bit of inspiration your way.  Please email me with any needs or requests!  I have room for you on my delightful team, whether you'd like your very own discount on the remarkable Stampin' Up! products or if you wish to share the joys of paper crafting with others.   

Inky (((hugs))),

~

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!