A Little Bit of Rediscovery

Perhaps you've heard the phrase, 'What's old is new again'.
Sometimes that can really be pitiful .... such as 'bell-bottom' pants.  Whoa!
But sometimes it can be a very good thing!

For example:
I've never ever considered myself to be a 'watercolorist'.  But who can resist with this adorable From the Herd stamp set?  Stamp it up with Stazon ink on Watercolor Paper, grab an Aqua-painter or two, your ink pads and start having a delightful time!  Seriously!  Just goofing around with this set made me realize how much fun I was having ... and not only that ... but when I had to put away my stampy + watery "toys/tools" for the day, I actually felt like I was "being creative".  If you haven't experienced this 'creative' phenomena, I definitely recommend giving this a whirl around your afternoon.  Just sayin'!
~
Since the Aqua Painters keep water right inside & ready to deliver through the brush, you can 'smoosh' the lid of your ink pad, open it up, and just dab the brush tip directly onto the edge of the ink splot you created on the inside of the lid.  To change colors, just wipe the brush tip on a paper towel or scrap paper until the water paints clear, then move on to another color!  
Tex's Tip:  I like my results best when I allow one colored area to dry, or partly dry, before I watercolor an adjoining area.  For this image, that's easy enough, as there are several items to paint/color.

Embellishments?  Not a lot for this card, but I do like the effect of the Linen Thread tied onto the Hello Honey Stitched Ribbon.  (That Hello Honey ribbon is on the retirement list, so it's a good time to add that to your ribbon supply while you can ... and it's on sale.) 

Okay stampy friends!  I've got more 'rediscovering' to do ... I've promised myself that I "will" use my digital cutter again ... after I study & relearn.  Ha

As always, please contact me with any questions you might have ... I'm happy to help and blessed to be your designated Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Special note for locals:  If you have not received your Evite to the next studio stampin' class from me this week, please send an email so you can be added to that list.     

Inky (((huggss)))

/`
~
~

Bev Gerard


No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!