Everyone's Doing It! * Making Spirits Bright!

Well ... maybe not "everyone".  I'll adjust that to "many of us" have been busy 'making spirits bright' by getting out there busying ourselves with shopping for those we treasure!   

Today's card features a couple of cool things:

  • Among the Branches stamp set  --  It's on the retiring list, so here's a sample + a "heads up"!
  • Got little pieces/scraps of dsp (Designer Series Paper) that you hate to toss?  Here's an easy idea!  Just use 2 pieces, flip one over to the reverse side for instant coordination, and your card-sized "shopping bags" are practically ready!  I've used the retiring-but-delightful Season of Cheer dsp.

At first, the WWhite background layer was left just white.  Then I opted to use the sweet little snowflake stamp from Among the Branches for the hint of falling snow.  An alternative would be to run the WWhite layer through the Softly Falling Textured Impressions embossing folder.  (When I look at my classroom samples, I'm more than a little surprised that I haven't worn my folder out already!)


See the little "tags" hanging from the "bags"?   Know what I used?   
Okay ....
Check the Perfect Pines Framelits set ... you know ... the dies that coordinate perfectly with the Peaceful Pines stamp set.   ;)   
See it?
That bitty little die meant to cut out the little "gift" in the Peaceful Pines set is shaped exactly like a wee little hang-tag!  Poke a hole in the top with your Paper Piercing Tool, add an inch of White Baker's Twine, and you've got a bitty tag!   Those eency stars are cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper with the Confetti Stars punch.   The "faux" tissue stuffing in the dsp bags is just a bit of fan-folded Vellum.  Trim a bitty 1/8" strip of card stock for matching handles for the bags ... or use a little snip of 1/8" ribbon.

*Weekly Deals note:  The Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper is on the Weekly Deals at special savings through Monday, Nov. 30!  

Thanks to each of you who visit!  
Thanks big bunches to those who leave a little comment!  And for many of us, let's all be thankful for our joyous privilege of living here in the United States of America.   It's a blessing that I feel deeply.   

I have a love of stamping, a love of sharing what I know, and I'd love to be your Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, whether here in my studio classes, or where ever you may be.  I can come right to you via video chats, emails, real "snail mail" (I like making cards ...), whatever you happen to need or prefer.  Ask me!  I'm happy to help as best I can.   

Oh ... if you're interested in discount shopping as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, or even interested in sharing your own love of paper crafting and stamping, I have a spot saved for you here on my fabby team at Texas Rubber 'n Ink!  Email me ... I'm happy to talk with you any time.  

Inky (((hugs))),


No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!