Happy Bloomin' Birthday!

It's such a gray & cold week here.  I'll bet lots of crafty friends are trying to find creative time to shut out the shoveling, slipping, & shivering.   It's snowing as I write here in this area of Texas ... but that's better than last weekend's ice!

Today's project was inspired by the Ways to Use It challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  We were challenged to create in a monotone using any shade(s) of green, with a neutral okay as well.  Since 5 of our In-Colors will be retiring in June, I opted to use Pistachio Pudding from that group.  You might have noticed that I haven't used a lot of Pistachio Pudding in previously shared ideas ... so it was a bit like my own little 'self-challenge'.  And I'm actually glad that I did!


It's just right for times when "subtle" is the best choice!  We all know those special people who would probably love the softly-colored approach.  I started with the Circle Card thinlits, Pistachio Pudding cardstock, and Confetti Celebration designer series 12"x12" paper.  

Once I had chosen the central image idea, I knew I wanted the Flower Patch stamps and coordinating Flower Fair Framelits.  When the card is flipped open, there's the Happy Bloomin' Birthday greeting!  The Decorative Label punch was perfect for adding shape to the Soft Suede inked greeting and it's shadow piece in Crumb Cake.  
Just for some pizzazz, I opted to cut the same floral piece from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper as the backing for my blossom.  Dazzling Diamonds was the natural choice for the center of the subtle bloom.  And those In-Color Sequins on the front?  They are on the Weekly Deals list of specials this week, so it's the perfect time to pick some up while you're shopping this week.  Remember too, that Sale-A-Bration is here through the end of March, so free goodies come with each $50 in purchases. 

Okay m'friends!  Here's to plentiful hot cocoa, hot cider, hot tea, hot coffee ... whatever your pleasure!  May the warmth be with you!

Inky (((huggss))),

 ~
~
~

No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!