Iris "hugs"!

Time to add some color to this week!  OMGosh ... this gray & dreary stuff is getting rough on those of us who need a little sunshine in our days!  (If that's you, "Welcome" to the club.)

My intended color palette had to morph a couple of times due to some AWOL acrylic paints.  In reality, it looks like I scanned my closet & chose the focus color.   lol


The stenciled background was created with the beautiful 'Chain Weave' stencil from A Color Life Designs.  It was so easy to create, simply braying acrylic paint atop my Gelli plate.  

I colored the Iris from Rubbernecker Stamps to coordinate with the background ... Sort of seems like reverse order of color selection, doesn't it?  Rubbernecker's  'hugs' die was layered to create a bit of a shadow effect, and an old splatter stamp was used to lightly fill in the white space with a soft yellow.

I hope you like it!  I know I'll enjoy sending it to a special friend who brought me bunches of smiles recently.

Inky (((huggss))),


No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!