Autumn in the City!


Falliday Fest has begun!  
What is it?  It's this year's October card drive + challenge blitz 
over at Splitcoaststampers!

I couldn't resist.  The very first challenge of the very first Falliday Fest is to create a card featuring the colors of a New York Fall and include text/print.


I'm so glad that I keep selected retired stamp sets.  Case in point:  
Calling All Heroes stamp set (retired).   My favorite image from this set is the city skyline appearing in my card sample.  It's the only skyline image I've owned, and I just couldn't bear to part with it.  Happily, when I read the FF16UnderstandblueA challenge, I knew precisely what stamp set to include.  Gotta love easy decisions!


~Before stamping the sentiment from the Sunburst Sayings stamp set, I used an Aqua Pen to wash Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and Pumpkin Pie inks across a strip of Watercolor Paper.   Squares were cut with the Layering Squares framelits - I love that this set includes scalloped edges on half of the included dies!  Just a bit of Gold Metallic Thread was affixed on the text dsp before adding the sentiment atop with a Stampin' Dimensional.
Leaf shapes were cut from Crushed Curry C/S (card stock).  I added some color variations using Daubers and ink pads of various fall colors you'll find listed below.  Edges were gilded a bit with Gold Wink of Stella.  
I hope you're already planning some creative time of your own.  Let it include the Falliday Fest challenges over the next 2 weeks!  We'll be sending our cards  to 4 different card drives ... all very worthy causes and a great way to let your creativity spread some happiness far beyond your usual mailing plan. 

Thanks for your visit, and thanks for choosing me as your Stampin' Up! demonstrator!  I'm always just an email away to help with any questions or needs.

Inky (((hugs))),

Product List

No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!