Pleated in Pink. Please!

Remember "pleated" skirts?  Maybe not, depending on your generation.  They made girls look "bulky", so thankfully the trend passed a long time ago.  But 'paper pleats'??  Now that's better!  I was in need of a 3rd class project when the Splitcoaststampers' Tutorial was posted, and knew that day that it would become a part of that class.  Here's what we did ...


I was near the crunch line for class designs, that day and happen to have a lot of Blushing Bride cardstock on hand.  A super-easy choice for coordination is the Birthday Bouquet designer series 12" X 12" paper from the Occasions Catalog.  It's such a lovely collection that I've ordered another package, which is pretty rare for me to do.   Not having any ribbon to coordinate wasn't an issue, as I simply cut 1/2" strips of Mossy Meadow cardstock, then added texture by running the strips through the Big Shot with the Decorative Dots Textured Impressions Folder.  It works perfectly as the focal division between the pretty paper and the card base.  And the final little touch for the front is white sequins from the Metallics Sequin Assortment.  These go with everything because they include white, black, silver, and gold circles, stars, and hearts!

Both sentiments and the floral images are from the Grateful Bunch stamp set.  I've really enjoyed using these two sentiments especially .... I like the phrasing and the fun font mix, as well as the sizing!  These fit perfectly on my Decorative Label punch, which I've also used as a layering element on both the inside and the front.

Did you know that right now I can help you purchase your Stampin' Up! wish list for a savings of $56 and get free shipping as well?!   If you have a wish list at all, this is really the time to treat yourself by purchasing the starter kit from me for $99.  You get to choose $155 worth of SU goodies - every item.    Then, it comes to your door via free UPS shipping.  Anything that you wish to order after that is at your own discount if you choose to do so.  My email is here for you at any time and I'm very happy to answer any of your questions.  

Hope y'all had a smoochy-huggy Valentines day weekend (or whatever version of that puts a sparkle in your eyes)!  Thank you so much for your visit today.  It's my pleasure to share inspiration with you!

Inky (((hugs))),



No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!