Comfort in Calico

Today's card 'had' to be created, so I could stop thinking about the idea of coloring the stencil to have a slightly different look.  Happily, it was easy ...  Yay!



First, I used Life Changing Blending Brushes to color random areas on the 'Paws' stencil (A Colorful Life Designs) with Wild Honey Distress ink.  I followed up in similar style with Rusty Hinge Distress ink.  The final step was adding dabs of dark gray ink to complete the calico idea.


It was a happy discovery to see that the Chloe dies (Darcie's) work so well with the paws shapes for this compact sentiment!  My card follows the Splitcoaststampers SC792 challenge.

Pssst!  Remember to take advantage of my discount code, BevFan10, when stencil shopping at A Colorful Life Designs!

My hope for you is that you remain resilient and ever hopeful during this time of struggle while our country & our world tackles the Covid-19 virus.  We can do this, my friends.  My faith in God is strong, and I have faith in you as well.   

Inky (((hugs))),


Products used:
STAMPS:  Flourishing Phrases (sentiment), Watercolor Basics (Cat’s Pajamas - splatters)
INKS:  Distress Rusty Hinge + Wild Honey, gray, VersaFine Onyx
PAPERS:  Neenah Solar Classic, Crushed Curry, Gina K’s Pumpkin Spice + Smoky Slate
ACCESSORIES:  Paws stencil (A Colorful Life), Darcie’s Chloe dies, blending brushes (Picket Fence)

No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!