For ever and ever and ever!

Now that I've colored this sweet little image .... I feel rather self-obligated to color a few more across Spring, 2019.  Why?  This cute little girl with her bottle of bubbles totally takes me 'back home' to yesteryear where "Tiny Town USA" is the home of my beloved Oklahoma roots.  Tex's Tip:  Always remember where your roots are planted.   Oh to know how many bottles of bubbles we girlfriends used to happily fill the air with bubbles destined to carry our laughter and special wishes up into the summery skies.   Ahhhhhhh!



Aiming for a very CAS (clean & simple) style, I first stamped & Copic colored 'Kylee Boo', then masked the colored image to create a more complete scene all on just one image layer.  This is where I brought in the new 'Deckled Rectangles' Marvelous Masks from A Colorful Life Designs as seen in the following photo tutorial of my masking process.  
Stamp Kylee Boo (Picket Fence Studios) image onto Neenah Solar Classic cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. 

Color image with Copic markers:  E000, E11, E13, E40, E41, E43, E44, RV34, R81, RV00.

Cover image with mask stamped & cut from Eclipse masking tape.  Alternately you could use a sticky note or printer paper as a mask as well.

Secure the Deckled Rectangles - Marvelous Masks stencil in desired position with painters tape.  Use my code: BevFan10 for a 10% discount on these masks!  Alternates include Purple tape, washi tape, masking tape, Scotch tape, etc.  Note that the image layer is also held in place with Purple tape.

Using Life Changing Blender Brushes (Picket Fence Studios), apply Distress Oxides Spun Sugar ink within the deckled rectangle.

Apply Distress Oxides Broken China ink, blending into the Spun Sugar ink as desired.  

Remove the mask to reveal the colored 1-layer scene.

Return to the stamp, still in place within the Misti stamp positioner.  Cover the parts of the stamp that do not need to be inked.  I use Scotch tape for most selective masking tasks.


Now ink up just the 'bubbles' with Memento London Fog ink, and stamp.  Tex's Tip:  Remember to remove the inked tape before you stamp!!


The Misti once again enabled me to position the sentiment just where I wanted it to be.  Afterwards, I trimmed the image layer to be used as a lifted element on the card front.  During that process, I realized it was just a little too plain for me.  That's when I decided to use a larger Deckled Rectangle mask to ink up part of the card front with Broken China ink, creating the colored layer seen beneath the image.  Bubbles were enhanced with Viva's Perlen-Pen.

I'm happy to play in the Addicted to Stamps and More! challenge #337 this week!

Hopefully you've been inspired to add a bit of creative time to your world very soon!

Inky (((hugs))),




Challenge=  Addicted to Stamps and More!:  Challenge #337

1 comment

  1. A gorgeous one-layer card. Your trompe l'oeil effect makes it feel like there are multiple layers of mat around the image. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!