Marbled Hugs!

This is one of those unusual times when I'm glad to admit that "I was tempted!"      

What I mean is that I was tempted to join in the CAS Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers.  But as I said, I'm glad I read it and was inspired to play along.   The challenge was to use a background stamp as the basis for a clean 'n simple (CAS) card ... certainly easy enough, and it's literally been ages since I've inked up a full-sized background stamp.   


Another admission:  I rarely make one-layer cards unless timing requires it, or other special circumstances.  Truthfully, this just has the background stamped on Whisper White card stock, layered atop a mat of Basic Black, then applied to the jazzy Lemon Lime Twist card base.  The horizontal layout allows space for the single strip of Black 'n White ribbon from the 2017 Holiday Catalog.  


Tex's Tip:  Alignment of the 'hugs' die from the Lovely Words framelits is easiest for me when I first die cut the circle (Layering Circles).  Then I find it easier to set the word die within the cut-out circle, eyeing the margins around the edges.  Washi tape to my rescue here!  *Setting dies in position before cutting is my favored time for using washi tape.  

Happy new week, m'friends!
Inky (((hugs))),








No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!