Something Wonderful ... and Watery!

What should one do while awaiting their upcoming box from UPS?  Stamp when possible, of course! 
And how about tossing on a bit of water ... mixed with inks?


Inspiration comes in many forms, whether we are looking for it or not.  This was entirely inspired by my friend Lydia's recent Dare to Get Dirty challenge ... Let it Run!  While I don't revel in mixed media to the same degree, I immediately began mess-making, splattering, making watery colors with ink refills (reinkers), some with pigment powders, and generally turning my studio sink area into a color explosion zone, worthy of a waterproof apron.  Note:  Not having such a waterproof protective option resulted in careless abandon while playing!  


A mix of deep blues + greens created the richly colored inking on white C/S for this dragonfly created with Detailed Dragonfly thinlits.  A layer of Vellum C/S and Wink of Stella seemed to give life to this winged wonder!  I couldn't resist a brief play in my flowerbed for natural lighting.   *rolls eyes at self*


These hottest days of Summer in Texas seem to be the time when dragonflies visit my little spot on the planet the most.  They seemed a bit scary to my young self, but now I stand still and watch in fascination when rare sightings happen near me.  Wow moments!


Yesterday I enjoyed a delightful day of stamping with some of my Stampin' Stars team.  It fills my heart to be in a room with joyous paper crafters who adore this craft!  Hope you experience some joy in stamping/crafting this week as well!  Please feel welcome to contact me with any stampy questions or needs at any time.

No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!