Lovely in the Fall!

Last week's Ways to Use It challenge called for using a tree or trees on a creation.

What a perfect time to bring out my long-adored Lovely as a Tree stamp set to play!  Not only is Lovely as a Tree the longest-running current stamp set by Stampin' Up!, but my set is one of those original wood-mount sets purchased "back in the day" when it was pretty much brand new in our catalog ... or Idea Book + Catalog, a.k.a IDB+C back then.  Some things should be kept ... just sayin'!


It's been a while since I've heat embossed, but it seems that I always come back to that technique in the latter part of the year.  

After white embossing the image, I colored the image with Blendabilities.  I really do like the way this looks IRL (in real life), as the colors are stunning to the eye.  After all coloring was dried, I toyed with the design itself.  My stampin' table has been constantly filled with holiday prep + planning recently ... and amongst the many items at hand was the new set of Wonderful Wreath Framelits.  That's how the "leafy" edge came to be for the tree image layer. 

Texture was added with the Woodgrain Textured Impressions folder and very subtle tone-on-tone stamping of the large oak leaf from the new For All Things set ... an absolutely beautiful seasonal stamp set for Fall, found in the Holiday Catalog.
~
Thanks a bunch for having stopped by today!  And to my local friends + customers, I'm really looking forward to our Christmas Stampin' Stack coming up next weekend!  See you soon!

Inky (((huggss))),

~
~

Additional products include:
InksBaked Brown Sugar + Cajun Craze + Versamark
PapersBaked Brown Sugar + Cajun Craze + Early Espresso + Hello Honey + Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Blendabilities in Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Old OliveCircles Framelits, Corner Rounder, Modern Label Punch, Gold Metal Buttons, Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals
~
~

1 comment

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!