Water & Ink Splatters * Challenge Chicks!

It's time for the Challenge Chicks' September challenge! 

Jeanne has challenge us with "Splat!"  Use watery color splatters on your creation!
I'm not much of a mixed media stamper ... but I definitely enjoy using water stamping techniques from time to time.   If you haven't given water + ink a try ... maybe this challenge will be just the little seed you've been needing to check it out this month!  If you do, please do share your creation and your thoughts with us on the Challenge Chicks FB page!  Use the keyword, CHXSEP15, when you upload your creation at Splitcoaststampers ... ... We wanna see!


My background layer was created by sponging Crushed Curry, Tangelo Twist, and Cajun Craze inks onto the raised surfaces of my Mosaic Textured Impressions embossing folder.  Then I use my Stampin' Spritzer to spritz water onto the ink.  I laid Very Vanilla card stock into the folder and closed it, but did not roll it through my Big Shot for this creation.  Essentially I used the embossing folder as a "stamp".

Although it may look as though I used a colored card stock for the leaf, I began by sponging a piece of Very Vanilla card stock with Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and a little Blackberry Bliss ink.  Next, I used my wet fingers to flick water onto the inked card stock while holding it over the sink.  (I adore having a sink in my studio ... and it's times like these that it comes in oh so handy!)
 Just to be different, I added random splats of gold embossing powder as the last step and heated that to melt.  Once all of the splattering & heat drying was finished, I inked the leaf stamp with Cajun Craze, stamped the custom paper, and die cut with the Leaflets Framelits ... an excellent coordinating product for the Vintage Leaves stamps!  After die cutting the leaf, I sponged the edges a bit with Blackberry Bliss ink, since that color had faded so much during the water splattering.

Are you thinking about playing along with us this month?  We'd love to have you share in the fun!   Be sure to treat yourself to even more inky "Splat" inspiration from the following Challenge Chicks ... I'm pretty sure you'll be tempted to get inky once you've savored the splattered fun shared throughout our talented Chicks!  Have a sweet & inky day, y'all!



Diane Zechman @ Paper Cookies
Jeanne Streiff @ Inky Paws
Kelly Schirmer @ Gingham Girl
Bev Gerard @ Texas Rubber + Ink  (Here you are!)
Anna Wight @ Sassy + Sweet
Kittie Caracciolo @ KittieKraft
Lydia Fielder @ Understand Blue
Holly McMillen @ Toyz Haven

Deb Felts @ With a Stamp and a Song
Vicki Gee @ Vicki G Stamps


My product list is available below for your shopping convenience.

Inky (((hugs)))

~
~
~
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments

Thank you so much for your comments and this smile on my face!